Can you help us? (pic heavy)

I see NO sickle feathers on any of them, but they are still young and one looks to have slower feather development. Slower feather development in the tail usually means cockerel. SLW and GLW are a little tricky until they hit that magic point in development when sickle feathers are apparent. I'm still leaning toward pullet on SLW and one GLW. The first one is still questionable. Wyandottes also get that "green sheen" to the black in their feathers in both cockerels and pullets. The other poster with the "reds" look like either New Hamshire Reds or Rhode Island Reds, they have no "white" feathers underneath and in the wing. RSL have white feather (scattered on wing and underneath) as the original poster's chicken does. NHR and RIR will get green/black feathers in the tail.

Thanks everyone. I will repost some new pics in a few weeks. I have had these since the end of March so I am thinking they are about 9-10 give or take weeks old not to sure. But hank you for all your help.

Oh how adorable....

sex link or RIR
Gold Laced Wyandotte
Gold Laced Wyandotte
Silver Laced Wyandotte or silver penciled- boy

The reason I say Moe is a boy....the markings are maleish....this is a silver laced wyandotte pullet at 3 weeks old...notice the chest and wings...see the differences

HPIM2499_editedSmall.jpg

This is her at 7 weeks old

Speckles2.jpg

Speckles1.jpg

Here is a good link for you to see pics of the wyandottes

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Wyand/BRKWyand.html

Last edited:
hangin'witthepeeps :

I see NO sickle feathers on any of them, but they are still young and one looks to have slower feather development. Slower feather development in the tail usually means cockerel. SLW and GLW are a little tricky until they hit that magic point in development when sickle feathers are apparent. I'm still leaning toward pullet on SLW and one GLW. The first one is still questionable. Wyandottes also get that "green sheen" to the black in their feathers in both cockerels and pullets. The other poster with the "reds" look like either New Hamshire Reds or Rhode Island Reds, they have no "white" feathers underneath and in the wing. RSL have white feather (scattered on wing and underneath) as the original poster's chicken does. NHR and RIR will get green/black feathers in the tail.

sickle feathers usually don't show up for a couple more weeks......​

Well here is an update..

Eeny is my pullet will post pic later, trying to figure out if she is a RSL or RIR.

Meeny is def. a Wyandotte Roo and his name fits him well. Getting rid of him soon. But he is the most beautiful one out of them all.

Miny was a Wyandotte Roo as well and is no longer with us.

Moe is Def a Wyandotte Roo as well. And he will be the Roo we are keeping as we have seen him mating with the hen, which is why we are getting rid of Meeny because he is very dominant over her and will not let anyone get close to her or him without attacking.

pics to come.

Thank you everyone for your input and help, I figured I should give an update since it has been a while.

Last edited:
Thank you for the update! It helps those of us who are learning. Would love to see recent pics, and I am jealous that your feed store carried Wyandottes!

P.S. I LOVED the names!

Back
Top Bottom