Can you ID these three banties?

Mrs. Mucket

Songster
9 Years
May 3, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Any idea of breed or gender? They are about 10 weeks old. Earlier I was thinking roos because of the red but now I'm wondering if they are red-faced breeds.

Here are the three in question.
56316_p6080513_-_copy.jpg

This one has a feather pattern similar to that of a peacock.
56316_p6080516.jpg

These two appear to be the same breed. In the sunlight they have green/blue (teal) feathers on their backs.
56316_p6080537.jpg

56316_p6080538.jpg

Thanks for any help!

They are all three the same breed, the are Dark Brahma bantams, the grey one is a pullet and the two with the black breasts are roos, but the one in the last pic doesnt have very good coloring. Look up Dark Brahma bantams and you will find pics of what they should look like.

Last edited:
Quote:
Nope, look at the feet, the have feathered feet, wyandottes dont and they dont have lacing. The dark Brahma color is called Silver Penciled by the way.

Quote:
Nope, look at the feet, the have feathered feet, wyandottes dont and they dont have lacing. The dark Brahma color is called Silver Penciled by the way.

LOL that they do!! I looked again and thought I dont see feathered feet then I moved my screen on the laptop.....ahhh haaaa they do, teach me to look better before answering... SORRY!!
hide.gif

Wow you guys are fast and right on target! I looked up Dark Brahmas and that sure is them. When I bought 8 chicks at the feed store I forgot to write down what they all were. The others I know but these were mysterious. Thanks !!!

Back
Top Bottom