Can you ID these three banties?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mrs. Mucket, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Mrs. Mucket

Mrs. Mucket Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Any idea of breed or gender? They are about 10 weeks old. Earlier I was thinking roos because of the red but now I'm wondering if they are red-faced breeds.

Here are the three in question.
    [​IMG]

This one has a feather pattern similar to that of a peacock.
    [​IMG]

These two appear to be the same breed. In the sunlight they have green/blue (teal) feathers on their backs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for any help!

2. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Edited to save myself from lookin like an idiot..LOL

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    They are all three the same breed, the are Dark Brahma bantams, the grey one is a pullet and the two with the black breasts are roos, but the one in the last pic doesnt have very good coloring. Look up Dark Brahma bantams and you will find pics of what they should look like.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  4. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    Quote:Exactly right. Dark Brahmas - 2 boys, 1 girl

Matt

5. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Nope, look at the feet, the have feathered feet, wyandottes dont and they dont have lacing. The dark Brahma color is called Silver Penciled by the way.

6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:[​IMG]

Chris

7. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Quote:Nope, look at the feet, the have feathered feet, wyandottes dont and they dont have lacing. The dark Brahma color is called Silver Penciled by the way.

LOL that they do!! I looked again and thought I dont see feathered feet then I moved my screen on the laptop.....ahhh haaaa they do, teach me to look better before answering... SORRY!! [​IMG]

8. Mrs. Mucket

Mrs. Mucket Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Wow you guys are fast and right on target! I looked up Dark Brahmas and that sure is them. When I bought 8 chicks at the feed store I forgot to write down what they all were. The others I know but these were mysterious. Thanks !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by