What color Wyandotte is this?

sunshinesnuggles

In the Brooder
Apr 9, 2024
NW Washington
This lovely spring weather got the best of me, and I just picked up another chick. (She has two others for company, don't worry.) She's about three days old. What I'm wondering is, she and all the other chicks at the store (all with similar plumage) were labeled as blue laced reds, but when I look up pictures of those chicks, they don't look like any of the chicks at the store; those chicks and mine look like GLW. Here's the chick I got:
1000001158.jpg

It's fine if she's gold, I just want to know what to expect! Her very small amount of wing feathers do look bluish at the tips, I can get a picture of them if desired.
ETA noticed her belly was pretty bluish, here's a picture of that:
1000001161.jpg

Last edited:
She looks like a GLW, however, BLRW fall into the blue-black-splash genetic fun. So BLR can be black laced red, blue laced red or splash laced red. Waiting a couple of weeks for feathers to really start coming in strongly may help.

She looks like a GLW, however, BLRW fall into the blue-black-splash genetic fun. So BLR can be black laced red, blue laced red or splash laced red. Waiting a couple of weeks for feathers to really start coming in strongly may help.
Ohhh that makes sense, thank you! I'll update in a week or so, may be able to tell then. Upon further inspection she does look a bit bluer than your average GLW (maybe that's just wishful thinking though lol) so I'm hoping for blue or splash!

Looks like a Gold laced , here is my silver laced around same age .

Attachments

• IMG_7295.jpeg
    IMG_7295.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7294.jpeg
    IMG_7294.jpeg
    282.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7293.jpeg
    IMG_7293.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 3
Ohhh that makes sense, thank you! I'll update in a week or so, may be able to tell then. Upon further inspection she does look a bit bluer than your average GLW (maybe that's just wishful thinking though lol) so I'm hoping for blue or splash!
I've had birds that as chicks I would swear are BLACK and they feathered out blue. I don't think you're going to see splash front that one. However, if you have a cockerel and a pullet that feather out blue, you can breed the splash next round.

Back
Top Bottom