Can you identify this duck (fully feathered/1 year old)

shaylee

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 4, 2008
Hamilton, Il
Of course, I went outside to get the pic and he FLEW over the fence right after I took the pic. First time. I got ahold of him and the scissors. He wont be doing that again until he regrows those flight feathers.

He is smaller than most ducks. Very short in stature. I got him in a surplus mix last year. (his name is Speckles)

Any idea of what he is would be great. His bill is yellow, we have had a lot of rain and he has mud on it. His tail is very curly, figure he is a boy. (no eggs at any rate)

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

Hey, if you lived closer I would trade you for the annoying geese.
(I live in the boonies yet get a lot of peddlers here, peddling avon, religion, magazines, you name it) Maybe geese would keep them away.

He would make pretty babies though. I hope a couple of my new ducklings are girls, or maybe I can find a female or two at Rutledge flea market this year.

He might be an ancona, I did look those up just now, though he has the build of a call duck. (short neck, stout body, etc) I just thought I might find out easily what he is, but if I dont, that will be ok too. He is a sweet little duck and very peaceful in nature.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom