Can you keep just one Peacock?

I was just asking this very same question to my DH while he was home this weekend. He looked at me and said what purpose do peacocks serve? I thought he was being critical but then realized he was actually serious. When I was young my grandmother had a peacock a total beaut. by the time I was 12 my grams tried to introduce a second one because we kept telling her it looked lonely...well things didn't work out and they ended up living in two different pens. I would myself get 2 at least for companionship :) I am getting a couple chicks this coming spring, I cannot wait to have them :)

Just give it a volleyball and call it Wilson!!!
lau.gif

Seriously, my grandfather always kept a pair.

I have one Peacock. He just showed up one day. He is not penned and hangs out with the chickens. He sleeps in a big fir tree. Seems happy enough.

Quote:
thats what happened to me once, after a while she walked in my pen of peacocks, and stayed there ever since!

back to the question, i have a peachick, who has been on his own since he was hatched, he seems to think human company is better then a birds
roll.png
. But that was because he was imprinted.

Judging by my limited experience, I would never have just one. My pair were happy, however I just added 4 more to the pen and they are even happier.

Back
Top Bottom