Can you keep Serama chickens with normal chickens?

chicken4prez

Free Ranging
6 Years
Jun 14, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Hello!

I'm wondering if you can raise Serama chickens with my flock. I know that they're smaller than my other chickens so I want to know if they'll get picked on.

Thanks!

I would not. Most bantam breeds are more gentle and can be bullied and hurt by large breeds, so it's best to designate such tiny chickens their own coop and run.

I have very large fowl hens running with my bantams (silkies, polands and other bantams) I believe it depends on how much space you give them! mine free range so the little ones can get away if they need too :) as for seramas my cockerel is a serama and is the boss of all my large fowl (even tries to mate with them) even though they are 4 or 5 times the size of him so in my opinion as long as they have plenty of space they should be ok!

I have very large fowl hens running with my bantams (silkies, polands and other bantams) I believe it depends on how much space you give them! mine free range so the little ones can get away if they need too
smile.png
as for seramas my cockerel is a serama and is the boss of all my large fowl (even tries to mate with them) even though they are 4 or 5 times the size of him so in my opinion as long as they have plenty of space they should be ok!

Ok thanks!!! I would call our pen space pretty big. I have a Silkie and she's fine. Really? That's so funny! Thanks again for your help. I would love to get some Serama's with our chicks this year but I didn't know how it would turn out.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom