Can you look at this necropsy report and tell me what you think?

Any idea on dosage for that? Would that be given as a human supplement, added to food or water?

Any idea on dosage for that? Would that be given as a human supplement, added to food or water?
I went to WalMart - some years ago and got a human supplement in pill form...not capsule with liquid. The pill was small -- I guess I would buy the smallest dose that you can crush to a powder between two spoons and then make a mash or mix with some food you know she will eat.

ETA - sorry that I didn't keep track of dosage - it was a hatchery barred rock pair that I bought as my first chickens. It did improve their shell-less eggs for a while.

Last edited:
I was away for the past week, so I had my pet sitter feed her a bit of oatmeal with about 1/8th of a capsule of calcium with vitamin d (calcium at 500mg, I think), in addition to her regular food and available calcium. She dropped a few more soft eggs from the roosting bar. I got home last night. This morning, Speckles was last out of the coop, but did come and have some water and a little food. Not bad, moving a bit slower than usual. She had diarrhea on her butt. After I got the kids to school, I brought her inside for treatment, warm bath, lube on vent, and let her relax in steamy bathroom. Then I tried massage a bit and then went in to investigate. Yup, egg stuck. A smooshed soft shell egg. I tried working some KY around it and massaging and a little came out, but then I started seeing a bit of blood, so I quit. I brought her to the vet who is supposed to know how to treat chickens, and he just left because he is sick! So I left her there and the other vet is going to try and help. They'll call me later. Ugh, I want to get back to easy, fun chicken keeping! Please wish her luck!

Back
Top Bottom