Can YOU post a pic of your quail belgian antwerp's eggs?

Angelight

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 4, 2012
I have a 25 weeker, no signs of squatting. So, I'm wondering what color egg I should be expecting. : ) You know, antsy and excited and impatient so I'm curious what eggs to expect from her breed.

I can't tell you the shape/size of Belgian Bearded D'Anver eggs (because I don't actually own one), but I do know that the eggs will be brown. They should be 1/3-1/2 the size of a large-fowl chicken egg; pretty large in proportion to the bird's body size. Good luck with getting your first egg from her!

I can't tell you the shape/size of Belgian Bearded D'Anver eggs (because I don't actually own one), but I do know that the eggs will be brown. They should be 1/3-1/2 the size of a large-fowl chicken egg; pretty large in proportion to the bird's body size. Good luck with getting your first egg from her!

X2. The eggs will be some shade of brown, probably a lighter shade.

These are from hatchery ones, the big egg is a white leghorn egg, can't seem to get the color to come out right when I take a pic, but they are a real light tan.

Last edited:
Awesome! Thank you, ladies! She's 25 weeks so I'm expecting eggs any day now. I have a barred rock and 3 golden comets, as well. One of my eggs is smaller than the others but it is about full size for a bantam and I'm expecting quarter size when she first starts laying, right? This egg looks just like a comet egg, too, so I've been thinking it is from one of them. My barred hen has been molting so no eggs from her. Of course, I also got her after 2years of age from someone who uses lights in their coop year round so I don't know how much longer she'll lay. : /

The ones on the left are from pullets that have started laying in the last month, the right are adult hens. These are hatchery girls, but the bantams in general seem to start with eggs closer to the size they will eventually lay, than the standards who sometimes start with really small eggs and wind up with jumbos.

I might have gotten an egg from her yesterday! I was told they are only seasonal layers, though, so I'm not sure it is her or a fluke egg without dye. It had been pecked at (JOY!) so only some of the shell was left so I can't be sure about the size. Waiting impatiently for another egg! HAHA!

Hope you figure out who your egg eater is. The hatchery ones I have seem to lay for a month or two and then go broody or take a break and start again, when they are laying they lay fairly well for those weeks/months. I don't have the bantams under lights so I expect them to take a break in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom