Can you raise a single duckling on its own?

You can definitely be its mama if you feel that that's the best option, but its a LOT of work and a lot of patience. My partner and I have been raising a lone duckling for a little over a week now. We have a multitude of plans for what we'll do when she grows up, but for now we're taking it day by day, and she's been a delight, but a huge handful. Ducklings are extremely social and need comfort constantly. Like a human baby, she cries at night, cries when she needs something, and cries when she's lonely. So if you choose to be its mama, be prepared to dedicate a whole lot of your time to your baby!
We've had a handful of problems as well as a whole bunch of solutions from so many experienced people- so definitely feel free to check out our thread here!
Also, have any pictures? Let's see the cutie!

Hi!
I have three hens and a large coop with a big run and an area for a pond that I could put in. However, I can't have more than four birds, so I need something I can raise on its own. I am just wondering if you have to raise a duckling with another duckling or a mama or can I be its mama? Also if so are there specific breeds that work better than others?
It won't be alone it will have the 3 chickens and it will be ok

Back
Top Bottom