Can you really tell the sex from the shape of the egg???

I say we petition the OBOMA people for a billion dollar earmark to see if this "wives tale" has any truth to it.

Heck, lets see, 1,000,000,000 (is that right?) divided by 25, 000 members ........ WOW ! Every one could afford a nice incubator for that !!! When the test is done, we could all go out and purchase those needed autos, you know, stimulate the industry.

No, no truth to it.

All eggs are female (X,X) to begin with, they just require an extra chromosome to be male,(X,Y) and a for that, it's just thee luck of the draw.

I tested this recently.

My daughter had several cochins, and she hadn't gathered the eggs in about a week. There were maybe 20 to choose from, and I chose 8 of the roundest eggs to put under a broody.

I had a 100% hatch. From 8 eggs I got 3 hens and 5 roosters.

Once a hen starts laying the size, shape and color of her individual egg stays pretty much the same. Each egg has a 50/50 chance of hatching a certain gender. Betty doesn't lay a pointy egg one day and a rounded egg the next. This is just an old wives tale.

You could do what I did and buy a $9.99 plus shipping "item" from an Ebayer that is supposed to sex eggs and chicks. I waited and waited for it to come, getting more excited everyday. Then it came!! I tore the envelope open, I was so excited!! In it contained what can only be described as a magnet on a string.
ep.gif
:gig:lau

Quote:
I going to sell some, you can check any egg, if it swing back and forth, the egg will hatch into a india blue peafowl, if in a circle the egg will hatch to be a Ostrich.

Only 3.95 plus 25.00 shipping.
Guarantee to work, or will refund the price, sorry CANT refund shipping cost.

Thats as bad as the old farmer women who insisted I check each goose egg. she wanted exactly 5 shorter fatter eggs and 3 elongated eggs She swore that the fatter eggs were girls and the elongated eggs were ganders. I told her I would not gaurantee any sexes on the white embdens But she said it was true and took them anyway.. There is a difference in goose eggs some are fatter than others and smaller too.

Quote:
And you let this scammer get away with this obvious crap?

Contact Ebay, Paypal, demand your money back, then leave this crook negative feedback.

That's how I deal with ebay scam artists.

Quote:
And you let this scammer get away with this obvious crap?

Contact Ebay, Paypal, demand your money back, then leave this crook negative feedback.

That's how I deal with ebay scam artists.

Agree, but there are alot of people who believe this works. Even lots of member on this forum.

This guy may believe in what he sells.

Back
Top Bottom