Can you see your chickens from the house?

Hi, this is my first post here, I just got my chickens the other day. We built our coop and run right behind the house, and can watch the chickens from our screened in porch above the walk out basement. We have a table out there and eat meals out there when the weather is good.

Here is the view I had while having supper the day I got my chickens.

093721.jpg

we can see ours from the bedroom window, dining room window, and living room window all looking out the back of the house. my husband built our coop in a fenced in play area that my son would not play in for more than 20 min. or so. it is all about 15 ft or so from our back door. the fenced in area is 18ftx25ft. so it is quite roomy. and we let them free range in the afternoon till roosting time. they seem to love it!
big_smile.png

Welcome greenmulberry!
frow.gif
Where are you located? What kind of chickens do you have? How old are they? How many? See we are interested.
jumpy.gif
Tell us about yourself and family.

I can see both coops from my front picture window. I have two Lazy Boy rockers that my husband and I sit in and drink our coffee and watch all of our girls. Pretty sad since we are only in our 30's. Most of our friends think we are nuts. Well everyone has their stress reducers and that's ours.
big_smile.png

In the winter I turn my potting shed into the chicken's pen. There is a big window, and I can see them from my den. It's better than TV!
wee.gif

ozark hen, thanks for the welcome, this looks to be a very friendly place. I have five chickens. They are mixed breeds, but I hope to get a few buff orps later in the spring. I am in Iowa City Iowa!

I started a new thread in this forum with some photos, check them out.

It's temporary until I build my barn/shed/coop. They shouldn't
be so close but it's so much fun to sit on my couch and talk to the chickens.
They hop up on the perch and hang out. I keep the window closed 99%
of the time and they are only in the run a few hours per day.

Back
Top Bottom