Can you see your chickens from the house?

cookinmom

Songster
12 Years
Mar 14, 2007
Saint George GA
I have to be the luckiest mom in the world...
DH built my chicken coop directly outside my bedroom window, about 40 ft (I guess, not good at that) from the house, so first thing when I wake up, I open the blinds, and there are the girls!
I'm able to do a lot of my work from home, so today I've been sitting on my bed, in my jammies, with the laptop, reading & sending emails, taking and making phone calls, and watching my chickens at the same time. How awesome is that?? Are y'all jealous?! I need to get dressed and go out and see 'em in person and take 'em some yogurt. Y'all have a great day!
big_smile.png

Yeah, I don't like very much anymore
lol.png
Just kidding... I am jealous. I used to work from home and loved it...

I can see the chickens from the house but not well. The new buff ones blend in with their surroundings pretty well and they have a lot of shade trees around them so I have to wait for movement
yippiechickie.gif

I can see mine from the kitchen windows. So I watch them while I eat breakfast and dinner. Also been watching a squirrel trying to get into the food bin, and a hawk flying above the coop... Hope the hawk gets the squirrel and not one of my girls!

Me too!

I built my coop and run at the top of the driveway, right in eye line of the doorwall in the living room. I can sit on the couch and watch my chickens play when they're in the run.

When they're free ranging, obviously I can see them out of any window looking into the backyard.

I think that having my coop close to the house has also helped keep the preditors away. I've been having a big racoon problem in the pig barn, which is on the back end of the property, but no problems (knock on wood!) with the chickens.

Nope but I am sort of glad of that . We placed the coop in the safest spot in the yard. The coops is attached to the garage and about 50 foot from the dog pen. it is also under the outside night light. I would love to see them from my house with out going outside but I wanted them to be safe when I can't see them even more.

Currently mine are right under my bedroom window. Good side, I can hear what's going on and night and see them easily. Bad side--my rooster is learning to crow and usually starts between 5 and 6 am!
barnie.gif

Their permanent coop should be done by this w/e and that is 75 feet from the house. I can still see it from the bedroom window, but I'll have to cut back an overgrown bush.

I can see the crate (and where I think we're going to build our coop) from our upstairs. depending on where the chickens are roaming, I can see them in almost every room. about the only room we can't see them is the kitchen cause the chickens tend to stay away from that area (that is where we have our fenced yard for the dogs).

The favorite "hang out spot" for my free rangers is right on the side of my art studio where I work during the day. They wander up on the back deck and all around the building. It sure makes it easy to check on them every time I stand up to streach!

I can see my girls from almost all windows on the back part of the house. The coop & run are along side the patio area and only about 20 feet from the backdoor. My favorite room is the back room that's like a conservatory - all windows - so I can sit in my favorite chair and turn my head to see them. The only problem is that they can see me also, and lots of times when they see me they start bok bok bok to get my attention for treats.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom