"Can you Spare an Egg?" (PIC)

welcome-byc.gif
Thank you for the picture.

Quote:
LOL

Anybody ever eat possum? One of my good friends told me that when he was a kid they use to have possum and dressing every year for thanksgiving.

man i lost 17 birds in 9 hours last spring, don't know what did it but now i prefer the echoes of my firearms harmonizing with each other to preadtors harmonizing with my chickens who I like to let out to free range.
smile.png

Quote:
While I agree with what you said, I think the overcast of a snowy day tends to throw them off. They think it's dusk all day long. I saw an owl while hunting on an overcast day - and the daylight supposedly hurts their eyes.

Here (California), it is ILLEGAL to relocate animals. You are taking a huge risk allowing it to live, risking rabbies to all arround you and your birds. If it were me, it would be dead. I think it is reckless to allow it to stay alive.

I was told by a wildlife officer in SC that you are at no risk of rabies from possums. Apparently their nervous systems are so primitive that the disease kills them almost immediately. I was trapping feral cats at a school I worked at, and kept catching possums. His kids went to that school so I asked him what I should be doing with them. He said just let them go, because they were not dangerous, but the cats were!

Any mammal can get rabies. However, the chance of rabies in an opossum is rare. Has something to do with the opossum’s low body temperature (94-97º F) making it difficult for the virus to survive in an opossum’s body, but not imposible. Fleas can be another problem, and any disease the fleas carry.

Back
Top Bottom