Can you spot a BYCer?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickened, Dec 7, 2011.

1. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    I recently responded to an ad for some roosters, picked them up and later found they were not what I was looking for. I e-mailed that person and told them I could not use them and would like to return them. The person gladly allowed me to do so. I was talking about my birds to them and the whole time I was thinking this person has to be a BYCer. I mentioned this site and they said yes I am a member.

Has anyone ever noticed that just by talking to someone that they were a BYCer? Do we really jump out to each other in a way unknown to just any chicken owner?
    I am beginning to think so. [​IMG]

2. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    I've never actually pointed out someone is by talking to them.
    But, whenever I drive by someone's house that has chickens I always think, "I wonder if they're on BYC.." [​IMG]

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I can say that i rarely meet people that are BYC people that post. There are a lot of lurkers out there. So I have not yet met a BYC person in a random fashion.

4. Ukiah

Ukiah Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    AL
    Quote:Same here! [​IMG] I am pretty confident a sertain person here on BYC lives in the neighborhood across the woods from me.. [​IMG]

5. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Quote:You mean brownies showing up on your porch isn't random?? [​IMG] I'll have to try harder. [​IMG]

I haven't, but one time my mom went to a meeting and then called me (I was at my dad's at the time) and said, "Oh, by the way, that guy we bought Houdini from is one of your crazy chicken people." I didn't even bother asking how it came into the conversation. [​IMG]

6. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I wonder the same thing when I see egg signs. I am actually going to stop at one house today since my lazy chickens have not given me a single egg in weeks. I will probably ask them if they are BYCers

7. Delilah1337

Delilah1337 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I wish I could, hopefully at the fair next year I will be able to meet up with some fellow members. Maybe I will make a pin for my shirt to make pyself easier to spot [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by