1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you take a dog (on a leash,of course) into a Tractor Supply store?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Mar 2, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    We have to take Kane to the vet on Thursday. Since there's a TSC store in a town close to the town where the vet's office is, I figured we'd stop in at the TSC, but I can only do it if we can take Kane in the store with us; won't leave him in the car by himself.

2. Moxiechick

Moxiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    We've taken Moxie into the TSC store near us. We were a little apprehensive at first, but then that quickly went away. They were super friendly and the cashier even gave Moxie a biscuit! [​IMG]:)

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Ok thanks. We usually go to Atwoods, which is alot like TSC and Atwoods does allow dogs, so I thought TSC might too. Kane is still small enough he can ride in the shopping cart.

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I have seen dogs at TSC in Ohio too.

5. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Probably depends on the store. I know in our small town, people bring pets in all the stores, even saw a girl with a kitten in the grocery store the other day. We're in a small country town, and nobody really cares if pets are brought in stores, in fact most store owners around here bring there dogs with them.

6. schmije

schmije Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Peoria, IL
    I'd call the store and ask - just in case.

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Ditto.

I still get hassled even though my dog is in her Service Dog Vest.

But then again she isn't your normally expected Service Dog (not a German Shepard or Lab) and I don't have a visual handicap.

ETA---I love when someone says to me in a snotty way, "You don't look handicapped". I respond with, "Well, you don't look stupid either but I guess looks can be deceiving" I know, I'm bad.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  8. nwgirl

nwgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Everett, Washington
    Quote:Ditto.

I still get hassled even though my dog is in her Service Dog Vest.

But then again she isn't your normally expected Service Dog (not a German Shepard or Lab) and I don't have a visual handicap.

ETA---I love when someone says to me in a snotty way, "You don't look handicapped". I respond with, "Well, you don't look stupid either but I guess looks can be deceiving" I know, I'm bad.

You are too funny.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Eggstra New

Eggstra New Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Springport, Michigan
    I've taken my boy into both TSCs in town here in Michigan. As long as they're leashed, I don't think they care.

10. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

There's a TSC not too far from us that does rescue events and even a vaccination clinics ( I think once a month ) for dogs. I'd just call and ask to be sure though.

Bluemoon

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by