Can you take a dog (on a leash,of course) into a Tractor Supply store?

Quote:
Lowes doesn't sell dog food, do they?
hu.gif

Doesn't matter though. The closest Lowes is about two hours away and you have to go through some of the worst construction I have ever seen in my life to get there. When they say "things are bigger in Texas", that includes making a bigger clusternut of their construction zones.

Last edited:
lol No, they don't sell the dog food.

Hubby tells me all the time about how much he detests TX.
roll.png
He is ready to get out of there and come back to civilization.
(no offense to those in tx, we have friends there, it is just where he is)

The TSC by my house has a sign outside that says "Leashed pets welcome" of course I looked at DH and said "you know I have to get a chicken leash now...right?"
gig.gif

Quote:
Ditto.

I still get hassled even though my dog is in her Service Dog Vest.

But then again she isn't your normally expected Service Dog (not a German Shepard or Lab) and I don't have a visual handicap.

ETA---I love when someone says to me in a snotty way, "You don't look handicapped". I respond with, "Well, you don't look stupid either but I guess looks can be deceiving" I know, I'm bad.

gig.gif
The Beast isnt a typical Service Dog either and people just kinda stop and stare at him lol. but he has alerted on other diabetics who didnt realize they were headed for trouble.
when they ask why he is acting funny ( to them anyway) I have to ask if they are diabetic and do they have a meter with them.
He will alert to a seizure also.

I just gotta comment on this! I have had service dogs in training before and people say the same thing. How can it be really after all this time that people don't recognize the service vest as what it is?!??

It depends on the store. If there is not a sign posted saying no pets allowed, I would think you could take him in as long as he is on a leash or in your arms. I see people now and then with dogs in their arms or shopping baskets at various places. One of my fav things about my vacation to San Francisco was how many restaurants were dog-friendly and allowed patrons to sit at an outside table with their dog leashed to a table leg. Personally, I would much prefer to be in a store or restaurant with a dog than some of the ill-behaved children that are out there!
smile.png

Quote:
I have to agree with this, we have seen a lot of people with dogs in stores, except maybe grocery stores. You should stay away from clothing dept in stores as people with allergies could get very sick from dog dander.

Back
Top Bottom