Can you taxidermy a rooster?

Pics

Ninjasquirrel

Free Ranging
5 Years
May 11, 2018
Northwest Indiana
I went to an estate sale today and left rather mad. They had these beautiful craft roosters but they wanted 30 bucks a piece because they claimed they were "taxidermied roosters". They felt like foam to me. The legs, combs and beck were all fake. About the only thing that seemed legit to me was the feathers but even then they didnt seem like true roo feathers. When I told them I disagreed that they were real they claimed they had a "professional taxidermist" look at them and say they were real. They asked why I was questioning it and I said "uh cause I raise chickens. I have a rooster and I have very good reason to doubt. I can kill a roo and have it taxidermied for cheaper than that even if it was possible." They scoffed at me and I walked away. No one is gonna pay that so it'll probably be in goodwill next week. But...

Can you taxidermy a rooster? I'm 90 percent sure those were 100 percent fake.

I went to an estate sale today and left rather mad. They had these beautiful craft roosters but they wanted 30 bucks a piece because they claimed they were "taxidermied roosters". They felt like foam to me. The legs, combs and beck were all fake. About the only thing that seemed legit to me was the feathers but even then they didnt seem like true roo feathers. When I told them I disagreed that they were real they claimed they had a "professional taxidermist" look at them and say they were real. They asked why I was questioning it and I said "uh cause I raise chickens. I have a rooster and I have very good reason to doubt. I can kill a roo and have it taxidermied for cheaper than that even if it was possible." They scoffed at me and I walked away. No one is gonna pay that so it'll probably be in goodwill next week. But...

Apparently, so.
20201204_125848.jpg

Personally I taxidermy crawdads... I know it is expensive to mount birds. Anything to taxidermy is possible...
This mount I just found is $350
1607105142231.png

When I say anything is possible... I mean anything..
1607105197672.png
1607105225469.png
1607105239412.png

1607105260984.png
1607105278192.png
1607105293526.png

I wish I would have NEVER of seen those

Personally I taxidermy crawdads... I know it is expensive to mount birds. Anything to taxidermy is possible...
This mount I just found is $350
View attachment 2436653
When I say anything is possible... I mean anything..
View attachment 2436654View attachment 2436656View attachment 2436657
View attachment 2436658View attachment 2436660View attachment 2436662
I wish I would have NEVER of seen those
Dear God in Heaven...MY EYES:barnie

Again though...all those feet are real and the eyes are inset into the skull. I really feel like they were trying to rip me off :mad:
So glad I didnt buy it because I think I'd be even more mad than I already am

Back
Top Bottom