Can you tell what breed this chick is?

Mandij1229

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2021
Utah
So back story- we got chicks from tractor supply this year and they around7 weeks now- 2 ISA browns, 4 RIR, and 4 Dixie Rainbows. One of my browns passed on day 3, and one of my Dixie’s pass a couple of weeks later (never got feathers and tried nutridrench). However, one of my chicks are not like the rest. Somehow, I think it got mixed in with the Rainbows on accident. She’s smaller than all the rest, but fast. We named her Mo-hawk because she started growing Mohawk feathers in the top of her head. I thought she was a silver leghorn at first, until the Mohawk thing. What do y’all think she could be? I added a picture of our favorite chick Eagle a Dixie just because he/she is adorable. TIA!
C57B7A82-49D5-4955-BA07-AECC8D967EC6.jpeg

Attachments

• 18B1B5EB-E8C8-4EA7-A0EF-EFAEFF458ECE.jpeg
    18B1B5EB-E8C8-4EA7-A0EF-EFAEFF458ECE.jpeg
    463.4 KB · Views: 4
So back story- we got chicks from tractor supply this year and they around7 weeks now- 2 ISA browns, 4 RIR, and 4 Dixie Rainbows. One of my browns passed on day 3, and one of my Dixie’s pass a couple of weeks later (never got feathers and tried nutridrench). However, one of my chicks are not like the rest. Somehow, I think it got mixed in with the Rainbows on accident. She’s smaller than all the rest, but fast. We named her Mo-hawk because she started growing Mohawk feathers in the top of her head. I thought she was a silver leghorn at first, until the Mohawk thing. What do y’all think she could be? I added a picture of our favorite chick Eagle a Dixie just because he/she is adorable. TIA!View attachment 2631411
She is a crested cream legbar. If you were hoping they lay a lot of eggs they unfortunately don't. Cream legbars only lay about 150-200 eggs a year. They are a rare breed though :)

She is a crested cream legbar. If you were hoping they lay a lot of eggs they unfortunately don't. Cream legbars only lay about 150-200 eggs a year. They are a rare breed though :)
We have 7 other chicks. I think 1 is a male so I’m sure we will have plenty of eggs. And we are getting some Cochins that just hatched from a neighbor too :)

Back
Top Bottom