Canadian Breeder list

Hi Yoker
I just aquired a beautiful pair of young mille fleurs . it will be awhile before I see any eggs,but if there are any other breeders interested in swapping eggs some time down the road it would be nice .Poor Sue Trudel raised some nice ones I was told .
dennis (dennisbarredrock)

Hi yoker. Could you add that I also have White Chanteclers, Beltsville small white turkeys and pet quality silkies.

Thanks
Tara

Last edited:
Hello all,
I just thought I'd post a list of birds we plan to breed 2010. We'll either ship fertile pure hatching eggs (from birds segregated from main flock 5 week minimum), or day olds and started birds picked up or met.

We may have partridge chanties in the next month, but that'll be the last hatch this year. We are near Owen Sound and do travel occasionally and can meet along the way. From Owen Sound to London to Ottawa.

We like blue chickens and fancy eggs layers and of course they have to be friendly! We are leaning towards dual purpose though we love our rainbow eggs. Our birds are mostly hatchery sourced originally (mostly US) but we are selecting to improve the quality. I can send or post pics of our birds, though some may be too young to see the final look!

Standard

Wheaten & Black Penedesenca
Barnevelder
Welsummer
Cuckoo Marans
Easter Egger Americauna
Blue Laced Red & Silver Penciled Wyandotte
Silver grey Dorkings
Blue Andalusian
Black Sumatra
Partridge Chantecler
Basque Euskal Oiloa-Maradunna, maybe Gorria

Banty

Blue/Splash Silkie
White/Blue Cross Frizzle Cochin
Self Blue and Mille Fleur D'Uccles

Giving up on the Black Copper Marans, Black marans, Dominiques, and Blue Cochins and Buttercups. We may have some extra roos (and the odd pullet) in the above list breeds. Hope that helps! Also we plan to be selling (if we don't sell out) at the Fur and Feather in Mount Forest, Oct 4th, we were there last fall, and had a great time!

Next spring, we'll be looking for Blue Australorps, Blue Orpingtons or maybe Jersey giants, and darker BLRW from USA. Also Blue slates or Beltsville turkeys, not decided yet.

Thanks
Claire

ETA Silver grey dorkings...how could I forget?

Last edited:
There I made the ajustments.
I am sorry that your cornish died.

thanks
smile.png

Hi All,

I am from nova scotia, looking for eggs or chicks in the spring of 2010. Here is what I will have avaliable.

silkies-white-blacks-blues-buff.
buff cochins-bantam
buff orpintins standard
black austrolop-standard
light bramas-standard
buff bramas -bantam
Cornish-standard
dark cornish -bantam
white cornish-bantam
Dominiques- standard
silver spangle hamburg
Rhonde Island Red-standard
golden campine-standard
Also have access to many more breeds in around the amherst area.

Back
Top Bottom