Canadian Geese - 7/21/2017

I appreciate your concerns and am well aware of the laws. I've even had Canada geese brought to my property by the bird rescue group for release. I am confident that this goose will be fine if she chooses to migrate.

I have raised orphaned canadians myself. The mother and several babies got hit by a car leaving only 4 left alive. I raised them myself with my mallards and when adults they would take longer and longer flights until they did not come home. Now the last 6 years they come back with friends and visit in the spring thru summer, they came to visit yesterday. This year i had over 20 birds at one time on our property visiting with the original 4. Im my area of washington state not all canadians or mallards migrate. The fact that i have canadians i hand raised come home with friends only in spring then again in the summer shows me they do migrate. They know they have good food here so i think they would be here year round if instincts didnt tell them different. Im sure this little guy will do the same

Back
Top Bottom