Canadian geese

Abby125

Songster
Apr 12, 2018
i want to buy some Canadian goslings or hatching eggs next year but don’t know where to get them I am in Tennessee but would also love to hatch eggs if there is no one that sells goslings near the Nashville area

I'm not totally sure, but Canada Geese are a wild bird. Not sure if they will hang around your yard, unless contained in a large aviary. There are quite a few places where they are wild in our metro area. I would Luv to keep some, but I know when mature they would fly away when they would hear a flock flying overhead. I once rescued an injured mallard duck. Kept in yard and fed well. When duck returned to good health, flew away.
These geese are just 1/4 mile away from my home. They stay around a large retention pond in the open.
IMG_20180609_194504472.jpg

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

To keep them legally you have to purchase from a seller who has the registration and paperwork that is given to you when you purchase them. There are not many who sell goslings, and possibly nobody who sells hatching eggs.

The geese that are yours, have to be marked in some way. One way is by removing one back toe, and I think the wings have to be clipped.

FYI, since they are protected it is illegal to collect eggs or take a gosling from the wild.

If you have a large pond, keep it mowed around it, and brush cleared away, and possibly some wild ones will come, that can hang around.

Back
Top Bottom