Canadian Hatcheries

Lucky1

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 28, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi, I know that there are a lot of hatcheries in the U.S, but i can never seem to find any that are in or ship to Ontario,Canada. Does anybody know of any good quality ones?? since i live in Canada and can not go to the boarder to pick up the chicks.

Kind Regards :)

Also contact your local feed store. Its what I did this year and they usually have a hatchery they go through and they shipped the birdlets right to my feed store which is 10 minutes away! :)

I bought off of Freys and had coccidous in my meaties from day 1..had them tested by a vet and everything. I called Freys and told them and they were more than happy to take all the dead birds for testing and asked if I wanted replacements. I ofcourse said no...as I lost my whole flock in less than a week after this incident. I received my money back and that was that. I mean Im not condoning them for their hatchery but I would not recommend them to anyone. just my two cents.

i am also looking for Canadian hatcheries and i am gratefull in any information i will get on here!! just to let yous know i've had some birds from Frey's hatchery in the past and was VERY satisfied with the birds i got... i am starting a new flock after having let go of hobby farming for a few years and that is where i'll get my birds once again... day olds and ready to lay pullets... i will let you know how it went this time!

I got my chickens from a local farmer, because i wanted ones ready to lay. I live in Ontario as well, and had contacted Frey's in an attempt to get ready to lay hens. I contacted them in March, and was informed that they wouldn't have ready to lay until July. SO i suggest that you contact them early for older chickens.

I'm looking for a Canadian Hatchery in BC, or close too, that sells Australorps. I want to add them to my existing breeder based flock to increase their laying production (as i've read hatchery birds are better layers than breeder birds). So far I can't find one hatchery except for Murray McMurray in the states who has them and will ship to me.

Back
Top Bottom