1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Canadian source for colored rangers

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Riparian, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Riparian

Riparian Songster

Apr 21, 2008
    Ontario Canada
    I found a hatchery last fall out of Quebec that had a colored ranger stock, but I have lost the link and cant seem to find it by doing a search.

Anybody have the link to that hatchery? or a source for colored ranger chicks in Ontario Canada?

2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Songster

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Where are you in Ontario? Last year, I ordered from my local feed store, who orders their chicks From Bonnie's.(in Ontario) Mine were called Bonnie's heavy reds--which were her strain of the ranger meat birds. For my first time raising meat birds--I got 12 cornish x, 12 heavy reds. the reds finished two lbs smaller than the cornish in the same period of time.

3. Riparian

Riparian Songster

Apr 21, 2008
    Ontario Canada
    Thanks. I did some searching and found Bonnies hatchery is out of Elmira ontario. Thats not far from me. I will give them a call.

4. Kezzie

Kezzie Songster

Feb 15, 2009
    Coastal Georgia
    Quote:Just wanted to wave and say hi! I grew up in Stratford and lived in Waterloo most of my adult life until we moved here to Georgia two years ago.

We're just new to chickens so I don't know any Ontario sources unfortunately, but if I was looking around that area, I would start by asking around at the Farmer's Market.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by