Canadians check in here....

Yay, some fellow martimers! I am just outside of Saint John, NB. I have two black star, a red star, and a white leghorn. If anyone in the province or nearby is selling any breed, eggs, pullets, layers, please let me know - dying to expand! :)

Love the idea of grabbing a breed you love and going with them alone - but I just haven't found the breed yet! 
I have plenty of hatching eggs available :) I live in Shediac, but there is a big chicken show and sale in Petitcodiac not this weekend, but next. If you go - there will plenty available!

Hello from Vernon, B.C.
thumbsup.gif

We are located just outside Truro NS we have 1 barred rock hen a Rhode Island Red rooster 32 red sex link hens and a colored cockney corkerel and also have an assortment of chicks from the above ranging in ages from one and half months to just 3 days old as we just completed two hatches as we are expanding our flock. We are very new to this and learning everyday.

Hi all,

Just wanted to share that we have started a blog about our adventure into moving from the downtown core to starting a Hobby Farm in Southern Ontario.
I'm not a professional writer and have never done a blog before but it may be entertaining in a train wreck kind of way. Be gentle with your criticisms, I'm sensitive...
Feel free to read/share, we aren't telling anyone we know personally about the blog just so it can be candid. ;o)

Thanks in advance

RF

http://www.homestead-u.blogspot.ca/

Hello All Maritimers! I'm from Minto, NB. Always lookin to touch base with fellow local chicken farmers. This is my first year with chickens and I'm having a blast. I started out with 32 chickens from 3 different places, 4 different breeds. My goal was to have 12 laying hens, 1 or 2 roosters. Well after 5 died by dog, 1 was sick and had to be culled, I have exactly that: 12 hens and 14 ROOSTERS! I've got 2-Silver-laced Wyandottes, 5 speckled sussex, and 5 Chantecler roosters that I have to get rid of. They are from 4-6 months old. If anyone is interested, Im sure we can work something out. Otherwise they are gonna have to be culled as much as I hate having to do it. Anyone have a good home for a few roosters?

Back
Top Bottom