Canadians check in here....

frow.gif

Hi everyone! We enjoyed 30C this weekend, but I know I must think about my first winter with chickens. My teeny coop is not insulated (yet?). It may need a better roof and maybe I should put a roof on the run, too. I will get delivery of straw bales this week that I know make a good windbreak. If you have tips on how to cope with cold winters, please check out this thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/702595/thirty-below

Last edited:
Do you sell & mail fertile Delaware eggs? I am in NB and occasionally look for new roo's and new blood for my ladies.
Joanne

Hi Joanne, where abouts are you in NB, i am in North eastern, I have 3 young Delaware Cockerel and 2 are destined for consumption, they are beautiful, if you want them we could probably make arrangments to sell them to you.

Lise

Hi all,

If anyone in southern ontario would be willing to sell me a few day olds in the spring please PM me.
Goal chicks would be
EE's
Orpinton's
Cantecler's
and/or Plymouth Rocks.

Or any other rather docile, cold hardy dual purpose breed with a unique egg which you really like, would be appreciated.

I am trying to gather all my chicks in a row so to speak...

Even better if you are anywhere near the GTA

Thanks in advance

RF

Yay, some fellow martimers! I am just outside of Saint John, NB. I have two black star, a red star, and a white leghorn. If anyone in the province or nearby is selling any breed, eggs, pullets, layers, please let me know - dying to expand! :)

Love the idea of grabbing a breed you love and going with them alone - but I just haven't found the breed yet!

Hi all,

If anyone in southern ontario would be willing to sell me a few day olds in the spring please PM me.
Goal chicks would be
EE's
Orpinton's
Cantecler's
and/or Plymouth Rocks.

Or any other rather docile, cold hardy dual purpose breed with a unique egg which you really like, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

RF
Hi SS! I am about an hour from the GTA. I don't have any of the breeds you have listed but I have Euskal Oiloas (Basque's) from Spain. They are super friendly, cold hardy and are a great duel purpose breed. Lay a large to extra large size shiny brown egg.
big_smile.png
. I will be hatching more next spring if you are interested.

FRF

Last edited:
Hi all,

Goal chicks would be
EE's
Orpinton's
Cantecler's
and/or Plymouth Rocks.

Thanks in advance

RF
Hi everyone!

Hi RF, I'm about 2 hours from the GTA, but sometimes get up to burlington way...i have buff orpington, barred rocks and easter eggers (and ameraucanas too-purebreds). Finished my hatching for this year, trying to get everyone to get along before the winter. But i will be starting up my breedings for selling hatching eggs and chicks starting probably in late february 2013. (i'm just west of london)

Yay, some fellow martimers! I am just outside of Saint John, NB. I have two black star, a red star, and a white leghorn. If anyone in the province or nearby is selling any breed, eggs, pullets, layers, please let me know - dying to expand! :)

Love the idea of grabbing a breed you love and going with them alone - but I just haven't found the breed yet! 

I will be hatching some white Chantecler again in late winter, early spring as well as Australorp and Delaware. Let me know if these might interest you.

Back
Top Bottom