Canadians check in here....

I don't want to hit Toronto in the dark. I am terrified of driving there.. :S Tell me I will Survive! TELL ME! lol
Toronto in the daylight is just as scary, if you can avoid the 401 and take the 407 it's better but it is a toll road.

Be brave aoxa, you'll be fine
big_smile.png

That's why I use the 407 toll road the trucks don't go there as much as they would have to pay.  Worth it for me.
I was told the toll road can cost quite a bit. How much are we talking? What time of day should I hit Toronto? When does lunch hour rush stop and when does it start? Same thing for rush hour in the morning and after work :lol:

So many questions :p

Beeen a breeze so far. Quebec is kind of boring to drive in though. Not as pretty as New Brunswick for scenery.. Plus all the roads are either 90 or 100 so far :barnie

I was told the toll road can cost quite a bit. How much are we talking? What time of day should I hit Toronto? When does lunch hour rush stop and when does it start? Same thing for rush hour in the morning and after work
lol.png

So many questions
tongue.png

Beeen a breeze so far. Quebec is kind of boring to drive in though. Not as pretty as New Brunswick for scenery.. Plus all the roads are either 90 or 100 so far
barnie.gif

The cost of the 407 depends on how far you take it: http://www.407etr.com/tolls/tolls-explained.html and there are fees for the plate reading if you don't have a transponder (which isn't worth getting for only one trip) As for when to hit TO and the end of rush hours? There isn't any end... but are you planning to drive into the core or simply drive across the top end (401/407)? Your going to hit slow spots no matter what time during the day. Very rarely do we get to or from Guelph into TO without stopping somewhere along the way, mostly around Milton - Mississauga. Best plans you can make though are to be going through mid morning (10ish) or early afternoon (1-2) or evening - after 8pm or so but don't expect to have a smooth ride even then. It's often a volume issue...

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom