Canadians check in here....

Albertan

Songster
Feb 3, 2018
Alberta, Canada
Trying something new. Read it on a local chicken facebook page. This lady increased her egg production by offering poultry supplement free will. She switched to grains as well but I am continuing with my layer feed. My chickens under a year are laying but the ones over 2 are not. Will keep everyone posted!!

nikijack

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 20, 2012
2 hens became one. We have a varmint problem. Millie is white, large, and young. When Martha was killed by a weasel, Millie went into despair and stopped laying. Yesterday, I purchased two Silkies from a young woman around the corner. They are so sweet, and they all get along. Today, I must critter proof the coop.

The Farmers' Daughter

Bob's biggest Fan
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Aug 2, 2017
Darwell Alberta
2 hens became one. We have a varmint problem. Millie is white, large, and young. When Martha was killed by a weasel, Millie went into despair and stopped laying. Yesterday, I purchased two Silkies from a young woman around the corner. They are so sweet, and they all get along. Today, I must critter proof the coop.
So sorry to hear that you lost one. Glad that you found new friends for her so quickly. How do you think that the varmit got in? Do you know what type of varmit it was?

Albertan

Songster
Feb 3, 2018
Alberta, Canada
You will love your Silkies! They are great little birds.

Top Bottom