Canadians check in here....

Hello everyone! Spring is finally on its way! What are your plans for everyone's flock this spring?? Love to hear about new additions, hatchings, coop plans and of course new eggs! :D:pop:wee:caf:clap:frow
Yay spring! -16 here this morning but supposed to go up to 0 this afternoon! Forecasts of + temps during the day from here on out!

I bought a combo incubator/ hatcher recently, but my eggs have still been freezing, so i haven't been able to use it yet.

I plan on building at least 1 more coop and large run, as well as planting the gang a garden. Also several outdoor brooding areas.

How about you?

Yay spring! -16 here this morning but supposed to go up to 0 this afternoon! Forecasts of + temps during the day from here on out!

I bought a combo incubator/ hatcher recently, but my eggs have still been freezing, so i haven't been able to use it yet.

I plan on building at least 1 more coop and large run, as well as planting the gang a garden. Also several outdoor brooding areas.

How about you?
Minus 6 here in southern AB. I also had alot of eggs freeze recently. Hatching would be so much fun! Haven't tried it yet. Building a new coop yah! I am not allowed a bigger one. Hehe! My chicken count is 10 now. :DYesterday introduced my two newbies to the flock for 8 hours then put them back in bsmt for the night. Minus 18. Just about to put them back outside for the day again. My Hamburg and Appenzeller cross. Actually looking forward to their white eggs!
IMG_20190223_120608.jpg

Last edited:
Minus 6 here in southern AB. I also had alot of eggs freeze recently. Hatching would be so much fun! Haven't tried it yet. Building a new coop yah! I am not allowed a bigger one. Hehe! My chicken count is 10 now. :DYesterday introduced my two newbies to the flock for 8 hours then put them back in bsmt for the night. Minus 18. Just about to put them back outside for the day again. My Hamburg and Appenzeller cross. Actually looking forward to their white eggs! View attachment 1697158
Oh they are so sweet!
I'm up to 40ish birds now. I've got 12 cockerels that need to be gone. We process outdoors and they didn't make it to the block before it got too cold last fall. (Want any buckeye boys?)

Back
Top Bottom