Canadians check in here....

Aug 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
What a beautiful flock. What breeds do you have?
Thank you! The black bearded chickens were sold to me as Ameraucanas but they don’t all meet the SOP (I don’t care about that) and the others are all Silkie crosses. I’m still trying to guess what they are mixed with.. I have a possible idea of what because of the cockerel I got out of the bunch and his colouring/their traits.
What breeds do you have if you keep chickens?

The Farmers' Daughter

Poop happens
Project manager
Premium member
Aug 2, 2017
Darwell Alberta
Thank you! The black bearded chickens were sold to me as Ameraucanas but they don’t all meet the SOP (I don’t care about that) and the others are all Silkie crosses. I’m still trying to guess what they are mixed with.. I have a possible idea of what because of the cockerel I got out of the bunch and his colouring/their traits.
What breeds do you have if you keep chickens?
Right now I have buckeyes, chanteclers & a few bantams.
Talking about silkie crosses, how about this guy? He was a cross with a buckeye.
20190125_133521.jpg

I also have a pair of muscovy hens. Hopefully I'll get some more in the spring.

Aug 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Right now I have buckeyes, chanteclers & a few bantams.
Talking about silkie crosses, how about this guy? He was a cross with a buckeye.
View attachment 2005341

I also have a pair of muscovy hens. Hopefully I'll get some more in the spring.
What nice breeds :D What bantams do you have? I’m looking into a few breeds to get for my Silkie cross cockerel Ori but I’m not sure what I want to get yet..
I love your Silkie cross boy, his feathering reminds me of Ori’s some!
D2514BA0-6A6A-41AA-A4EC-9014F97A2596.jpeg

The Farmers' Daughter

Poop happens
Project manager
Premium member
Aug 2, 2017
Darwell Alberta
What nice breeds :D What bantams do you have? I’m looking into a few breeds to get for my Silkie cross cockerel Ori but I’m not sure what I want to get yet..
I love your Silkie cross boy, his feathering reminds me of Ori’s some!
View attachment 2005962
Sadly I lost my silkie about 2 months ago. Right now I have 2 OEGB and about 5 mutts (OEGB x silkie/buckeye).

Top Bottom