Canadians check in here....

Well heating up a tiny space will definitely get too warm I'm thinking. I'd look into a different Brooder set up.
Well I just picked up a book from the library on hatching and. Brooding your own chicks....I’ll see what they have to say but my set up is the same as "mama in the brooder post" lol I’m just not using a heating pad and this heater is zero clearance. It has hooks on the back to attach to the wall. Or sit on the floor in the shavings so it’s got to be safe....and as I said I’ve left the thermometer in the cat carrier and it doesn’t exceed 92°. So in the bigger dog crate that housed my Aussie when we went out it definitely won’t go that high for when the chicks are older . I will definitely set it up and check it out before I put them in the dog crate. Don’t worry I will be sure before I put them in there. 😬🐣🐣🐣

Ok Thxs for the advice about on the way home. This is what I made....it’s 24”L x 14”W x 12”H . The bottom under the shavings is the heated seed starter pad...then I put a comforter over top. the white thing is the chicken heater...not hot to the touch with the white cover on it. When both are on it reaches 92°. Slightly less when I turn off the seed pad. By then it will be week 3 And middle of May or so. So I thought I’d put them in their new coop. Possibly put an oil heater in there along with the heated cat carrier. Keep it slightly warm but not as warm as if they were in the house. Think 10 will fit in there? Lol if not I can put two cat carriers and two chicken heaters. What do you think?
Personally speaking, I'm not so sure it will work. The cat carrier will only fit 10 for the 1st few days. The heat panel that you have really only works if they stand right by it. That type of heater doesn't "project " heat. Are you going to have anywhere for them to roam around? Chicks are very curious active critters.

Attachments

• 20191104_081330.jpg
    20191104_081330.jpg
    575.2 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom