Canadians check in here....

Personally speaking, I'm not so sure it will work. The cat carrier will only fit 10 for the 1st few days. The heat panel that you have really only works if they stand right by it. That type of heater doesn't "project " heat. Are you going to have anywhere for them to roam around? Chicks are very curious active critters.
Absolutely.....they will be in a Xlarge dog crate. I have a Great Dane crate also. Fits me! The inside of the cat/dog carrier gets to 92° bc I measured the temp. I’m looking into getting another one on kijiji that is slightly bigger 28"x20"x19" mine is almost that big. Set up the same way, this way there’d be 2 heated for 10 chicks. I just don’t want lights on 24/7. I’m still experimenting. Got 2 months to figure it out.

Personally speaking, I'm not so sure it will work. The cat carrier will only fit 10 for the 1st few days. The heat panel that you have really only works if they stand right by it. That type of heater doesn't "project " heat. Are you going to have anywhere for them to roam around? Chicks are very curious active critters.
Being 1 hr NW of Edmonton (my sister and husband live in Edmonton), you are a good one to give me advice on brooders lol must be COLD! So you use that brooder plate? I will look into it. You figure the large plate will be good for 10 chicks? Hey....💡I got a bright idea....I’ll set up my brooder and a plate...what do you think?

Being 1 hr NW of Edmonton (my sister and husband live in Edmonton), you are a good one to give me advice on brooders lol must be COLD! So you use that brooder plate? I will look into it. You figure the large plate will be good for 10 chicks? Hey....💡I got a bright idea....I’ll set up my brooder and a plate...what do you think?
The plates are great. No lights to deal with either. They are able to decide for themselves how hot or how cold they want to be. Each chick grows & feathers differently, so the same temp for all can potentially cause problems. I angle the plate so that they can get right up against the heat or have it a little further away.

The plates are great. No lights to deal with either. They are able to decide for themselves how hot or how cold they want to be. Each chick grows & feathers differently, so the same temp for all can potentially cause problems. I angle the plate so that they can get right up against the heat or have it a little further away.
Show me how you angle it....please....🤔

Back
Top Bottom