Canadians check in here....

Hi MeatKing! Not quite as cold as you. -18 with windchill this a.m. Another blast of snow too. Ugh! You must be a bit north of me. It's all good when the sugar maple starts to run again! Sure hope its the last cold snap. I want to get my birds out free ranging already! I'm seeing rabbit tracks for the first time in the 4 years we've lived here. Yay! Crows are starting to nest here. Yay! Spring will come, I'm sure of it! Lol! :)

Shellz, I'm with you about the sugar maples. By the time I finish boiling the last of my sap I might have made a gallon of syrup but I'm hoping for more.
I'm an hour southwest of Ottawa and it sure was cold enough today! I want all the white stuff to melt off so I can build my fenced chicken run. The girls will want out and I can't supervise all the time. I saw 4 robins in the yard on Wednesday though so the signs of spring are all around.

Hello all, I am in central Saskatchewan. Can't hardly wait for the weather to break so i can prepare for my shipment of chicks. I have ordered 11 different varieties with a total of 100 birds. I'm so excited!

It's +9 here but way to much rain for my liking... These days it feels like the chicken coop and the house are going to float away...
wink.png

I know!! I think that we haven't had rain about 5 days this whole winter :p

Back
Top Bottom