Canadians check in here....

I just wanted to give Canadians here a warning about a poultry business that was mentioned here. "DC Heritage Poultry". I just read on another forum about how they were busted for running a puppy mill last year. Over 500 dogs seized!!! They are repeat offenders & laws aren't strong enough to keep them out of engaging in these businesses! Now they're getting into poultry. Please, do not do business with these people! We must stop the abuse!
Thank you for the head's up. I will be getting my quail from local breeders & try to get info on where they got their quail from as well. If any sketchy company names come up (like the one you mentioned) I'll take a look elsewhere for new eggs/chicks.

I just wanted to give Canadians here a warning about a poultry business that was mentioned here. "DC Heritage Poultry". I just read on another forum about how they were busted for running a puppy mill last year. Over 500 dogs seized!!! They are repeat offenders & laws aren't strong enough to keep them out of engaging in these businesses! Now they're getting into poultry. Please, do not do business with these people! We must stop the abuse!

Thank you vary much for sharing that!!

No problem! This was on CBC news Ottawa website, posted Sept 22, 2012. I got the tip from a member on Poultry Swap Ontario. There are more links to other news regarding their puppy mill on the site. Pretty nasty stuff, I'm afraid!
In the 1 barn we went intowere different rabbits / pot bellied pigs / ducks in pen after pen, ect definitely a Puppy farm grinder situation even though the farm has lots of land to use. I saw adult chickens w curled up gnarly toes / feet.

Wowsers! That is horrible. Thank you VERY much for letting us know about them. I personally do NOT want to support people like that. Isn't the reason so many of us do this is to feel good about the way our food sources (eggs and or chicken as meat) are cared for while they are alive!!!

Also, to add a positive note, I just picked up our first batch of chicks from Perfomance Poultry in Trenton, ON. Jason was EXCELLENT! Farm looks very clean and organized he follows biosecurity protocols, and he was very plesant to deal with :) Not to mention that he has countless breeds available! Check him out online!

Back
Top Bottom