Canadians check in here....

@Shesinthebarn

The Import Requirements your had posted are the same I know, they made us to get a certificate of health for our dogs and it was very important to get Rabies Vaccination and also a Rabies Titter Tested. (They have it anyway because they are show Dogs) so it was not to bad.
But I am still wondering about importing eggs. They do not say anything about this problem. Or do I just not see it?

By the way thanks for posting it
goodpost.gif

I will have to go back and check but is think the second post mentioned hatching eggs. Requirements are the same as for other poultry. Vet certificate stating that the flock is healthy from certain illnesses etc. I know people that have brought them back from shows in the US. They pre-arrange a vet visit and have a copy of a letter ready to sign. The vet is usually the one who the breeder uses so they can speak to the health of the flock.

Le sigh....I am getting antsy to get babies. Hard to track down what I really want! Starting to consider the importing route!

Last edited:
I will have to go back and check but is think the second post mentioned hatching eggs. Requirements are the same as for other poultry. Vet certificate stating that the flock is healthy from certain illnesses etc. I know people that have brought them back from shows in the US. They pre-arrange a vet visit and have a copy of a letter ready to sign. The vet is usually the one who the breeder uses so they can speak to the health of the flock.

Le sigh....I am getting antsy to get babies. Hard to track down what I really want! Starting to consider the importing route!

Yes that what I thought so, I mean it is understandable that they try to keep the health issues out of canada, and limit the risk of importing illnesses which are under control or not even present.
So if people follow the rules I think it shouldn't be a big deal.

I know how you feel, I went through this part too, and there are so many different Breeds available and all of them have something. I ended up with getting Plymouth Rock and Ameraucana for know. The Sex Sale Link we have we will keep but not getting more of them. Later when I got a incubator I like to get Maran. And maybe a few Bielefelder, but these once are very hard to find here and expensive. But they are a Breed I know very well from home.

HELLO FROM PERTH, ONTARIO!!

ANYONE THIS SIDE OF THE FENCE HAVE ANY ASIL, BOSTON ROUNDHEADS OR OTHER GAME HENS FORSALE, SOME OF MINE DIDNT MAKE THIS BRUTAL WINTER WE HAD, HAVE (2 BRH, 1 ASIL) LOOKIN FOR SOME COMPANY.

ANY HELPS GREATLY APPREISHIATED, I HAVE TO SAY THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE MOST INFORMATIVE SITES IVE BEEN, EVERYONE FRIENLY TOO!

GREAT SITE GUYS & GALS

Back
Top Bottom