Canadians check in here....

Hi

We are looking to add to our little backyard flock. We are looking for Marans, Orpingtons and Polish X chicks or pullets. Just a few of each. I would really like some Marans for the dark egg colour.

Is anyone a reasonable drive from the GTA and/or the North Bay area who may know where we can get some of these breeds?

We recently went to the small bird auction but the quality and price were just outrageous this year. Only one group of Marans out of hundreds of lots and very few Polish X and Orpingtons. When they did come up they were going for $25 a pop or more.

Thanks and welcome to BYC!!!

Hey there,
I am originally from Powassan! Cool! I am headed North the first week of July. I have a few friends that breed really nice polish and buff orps. I can put you in contact and if it works out I will deliver for you!

Hey there,
I am originally from Powassan! Cool! I am headed North the first week of July. I have a few friends that breed really nice polish and buff orps. I can put you in contact and if it works out I will deliver for you!

That would be fantastic!!! Thank you so much!! I live down south (Burlington) but I am here in Powassan as much as I can. All weekends and holidays. I have 5 years or less left before I retire from my job and I will be up here permanently. My man stays here full time, in Chisholm actually. We have 18 acres right on the edge of the park.

Thanks so much!! I will send a PM with my email address.

Hi

We are looking to add to our little backyard flock. We are looking for Marans, Orpingtons and Polish X chicks or pullets. Just a few of each. I would really like some Marans for the dark egg colour.

Is anyone a reasonable drive from the GTA and/or the North Bay area who may know where we can get some of these breeds?

We recently went to the small bird auction but the quality and price were just outrageous this year.  Only one group of Marans out of hundreds of lots and very few Polish X and Orpingtons. When they did come up they were going for $25 a pop or more.

Thanks and welcome to BYC!!!

Marans are very expensive birds. I paid 15 dollars a piece for straight run week old chicks.
You could check kijiji. That is how I found mine. The person I got them from was just selling chicks he had hatched from eggs he bought he doesn't normally have them or I would just give you his email.

Marans are very expensive birds. I paid 15 dollars a piece for straight run week old chicks.
You could check kijiji. That is how I found mine. The person I got them from was just selling chicks he had hatched from eggs he bought he doesn't normally have them or I would just give you his email.

Thanks JekkaLynn. I will try kijiji and see what I can find.

If you're not too worried about purebred Marans there's a man south of Cambridge that sells Maran mix pullets that are very nice and lay the dark brown eggs.

If you're not too worried about purebred Marans there's a man south of Cambridge that sells Maran mix pullets that are very nice and lay the dark brown eggs.

Oh and I meant to say also not expensive. $15 a bird. I got mine last August and they were laying by late fall, but he may well have laying hens for sale as well. I don't think he sells his little chicks.

I'll try to find his contact info for you tomorrow okay? He's a really nice man but like me he's going to konk out this time of night.
heartsize, if his name is Adam and you can't find his info I know him
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom