Canadians check in here....

Anyone from PoultrySwapOntario migrating here, even if temporarily? Their forums have been down for a few days, possibly hacked but can't be sure. I like to use both BYC for international & PSO for local chatter. If you're from PSO give a holler so we can find each other & hook up on BYC!^^

(Not trying to advertise, just don't want to lose track of local farmers & friends!)

Hi Qailsong:

Not sure what going on there and I am a Mod?? Need to get a hold of someone and can't because it's in my inbox there with contact info!!
barnie.gif
I have eggs for this person.........

Hi Qailsong:

Not sure what going on there and I am a Mod?? Need to get a hold of someone and can't because it's in my inbox there with contact info!!
barnie.gif
I have eggs for this person.........

Oh that's bad. Really bad. We did a WhoIS on the site, it looks like it was re-registered May 11th to a company/address in Washington.

I don't want to be all doomsday here, but if it is out of the owner's hands then it's possible the site was hacked/DDOS'd or a keylogger caught the owner/admin's info & took over. That would also mean all the data people entered on the site is now in some stranger's hands, possibly being resold. All private info members may have added through PMs, including phone numbers & addresses would be there too. What a headache for PSO mods and a shaky feeling for members.

Hopefully the admin can try to get a back-up on the server running locally to download an e-mail list of members & message everyone so at least people know what's up.

As an aside, it's amazing how much PSO was crucial to local traders/sellers. I personally had people waiting to buy eggs/chicks & now I don't know if the site will ever be up again (I hope so, though!) This whole issue is going to cause a lot of mistrust for other members, who've used the site exclusively for sales; esp if they've no clue what to do or where to go. :(

Thankfully I looked into my message on my phone from her back a month ago, and it was still there whew!!! Was able to deliver her eggs today so that ended well. I know the owner works very hard for the forum and takes a lot of her time. I do hope she is able to get it up and running soon.

She most certainly does, FRF. That's why after a few days of the server going down I was getting concerned & we did the WhoIS lookup. I know forums/servers have their bumps, and she just did a switch/upgrade, so stuff sometimes happens. But this...ugh...I'm so hoping it's not the worst-case-scenario & that things will be back in action before we know it. I also hope she doesn't burn herself out trying to fix all of this at once.

Yay for the eggs, glad you could deliver them!

Can you fence them off? hard to keep them out when they have found the good stuff to munch on!! I used to let mine free range all over the property, was too much work keeping them out and cleaning up after them, not to mention all the plants they destroyed. Now mine have a fenced in area outside just for them.

FRF, thegawd popped into the dedicated PSO thread to give an update. Not a hack, just a seriously bad bandwidth leak. Everyone can see it here.

I can't express enough how relieved I am that they weren't hacked. It's one thing to have a glitch, another to have someone maliciously attack. I just hope Erin's able to relax soon. I'm sure she's lost a ton of sleep over this issue. :(

Back
Top Bottom