Canadians check in here....

Hey everyone! I'm from Nova Scotia by Enfield, any local chicken folk around?
1f604.png

We're from the same area, we just have a small flock and are pretty new to it. I have gotten lots of info from this site, it's really helped. What do you have in your flock?

Last edited:
Hi! I just got a half dozen one month old chicks the other day, they're a mix and super adorable
1f60a.png
Do you know of any local places to get wood chips for cheap or free? I know there's the co-op but I'm hoping for something cheaper?

I just get my wood shavings from the co-op and there's actually quite a bit in the bags since they are compressed. I started using 'poop boards' in my coop a few months ago and love it. No smell and the shavings stay clean for ages since there's hardly ever any poop that gets down to them. If you have any other questions my email is [email protected] :)

Checking in from Dundas / Flamborough Ontario. We have 5 ISA Browns, And just added 6 more chicks to our flock this week; 3 Black sex links and 3 Barred Rocks. Said 5 would be more then enough from the start... I can easily say im addicted to growing my flock now.

Howdy neighbour! I'm from the Dundas/Flamborough area too! I have LOTS of birds. Both heritage and mutts. I like breeding the mutts.
And, Hi to the familiar PSO folks!! (too hot outside to do much.... so thought I'd visit BYC, lol).

Good afternoon, we are now home and have over 60 chickens
I am still looking for Silver Pencil Rocks. Eggs or chicks
Karen

Back
Top Bottom