Canadians check in here....

Anyone feed there chickens and ducks fermented feed?

Looking to chat a bit about it...I have attempted it but it went awry, so I am hoping to be able to talk to someone experienced in it with a tried and true recipe they would perhaps share? how much do they feed per bird? do they add supplements and if so, what? I understand this would be different for chickens vs. ducks so I'm interested to chat to someone who has experience with both or one or the other.
thanks everyone.

Anyone feed there chickens and ducks fermented feed?

Looking to chat a bit about it...I have attempted it but it went awry, so I am hoping to be able to talk to someone experienced in it with a tried and true recipe they would perhaps share? how much do they feed per bird? do they add supplements and if so, what? I understand this would be different for chickens vs. ducks so I'm interested to chat to someone who has experience with both or one or the other.
thanks everyone.
I just started, but not really fermenting, more just a mash. For the first while I was adding too much water and it was really soupy. The birds still loved it though. I add just enough water for it all to get moistened / swell. I mix grain, grower pellets and dry cat food. I sprinkle a bit of dried and whole corn on top. I use a cooking sized slotted spoon. About one heaping spoon for 2 birds seems to work for mine, but I have very few adults. It also depends on the breed. I've got large breeds.

hello everyone new greetings from SK

here coons are on the move, saw like 4 or 5 dead ones on the road the last few days (and a dead badger) every thing is on the move here

hello everyone new greetings from SK

here coons are on the move, saw like 4 or 5 dead ones on the road the last few days (and a dead badger) every thing is on the move here
How's that aquaponics going?

Do you have an LGD for your flock? Have you had problems with them getting to your flock? I've only had a skunk get into my runs and coops so far. Knock on wood. It just checks everything out and then leaves. Phew.

Back
Top Bottom