Canadians check in here....

How's that aquaponics going?

Do you have an LGD for your flock? Have you had problems with them getting to your flock? I've only had a skunk get into my runs and coops so far. Knock on wood. It just checks everything out and then leaves. Phew.
aquaponics got put on hold for a bit :( right now where getting some goats. :)

no i don't have a LGD, but we use hardware cloth and electric fence to keep things around the coop, also i trap/shoot the coyotes and coons

(as a licensed trapper) i also caught a mink and weasel trying to get into my coop last year (skinned both and then tanned the fur/hide) lots of predators around here.

aquaponics got put on hold for a bit :( right now where getting some goats. :)

no i don't have a LGD, but we use hardware cloth and electric fence to keep things around the coop, also i trap/shoot the coyotes and coons

(as a licensed trapper) i also caught a mink and weasel trying to get into my coop last year (skinned both and then tanned the fur/hide) lots of predators around here.
Ooo goats! One of the critters I have at the top of my list to get :). (LGD being #1).

well even if its the last day of summer feels like winter is coming, places here are supposed to get to -5C tonight on the last day of summer lol.
Pretty dreary out here too!
15375486129871970002556.jpg

@harmesonfarm I have fed ff to my chickens for 5 years , just started with ducks and I can’t get them to touch it:)

10 cups of feed
Water til it’s easy to stir
4-5 Tb apple cider vinegar

Let sit 3-4 days till it’s bubbling

I feed a 4 foot rain gutter trough to 15 birds each day . They also have a feeder of dry 24/7.

How did you’re ff go bad?

I got my ducks at 5 months it seems they won’t touch wet food or ff. That’s fine as I stop as soon as it’s freezing anyways.

Last edited:
Sure they will. Lots of sun left even if you do not supplement lighting right now. I have had for last 3 fall seasons pullets lay right through winter. I did supplement from end of Oct and all winter with lighting.

Back
Top Bottom