Canadians check in here....

This is our first winter with our chickens, we have a insulated coop and a portable heater if needed.
We usually get lots and lots of snow, our temps average in the -30C but drop to -40 to -50C with the windchill.
Oh that is cold. :eek:This is our first winter with chickens & ducks & I am trying to figure out whether I need to heat my coop or not. So much info on not heating, which makes sense to me, but what does the average Canadian poultry keeper do? I am leaning towards an insulated coop with the option of a heater for those lovely -20 and lower days.:sick What type of heater do you all use?

Oh that is cold. :eek:This is our first winter with chickens & ducks & I am trying to figure out whether I need to heat my coop or not. So much info on not heating, which makes sense to me, but what does the average Canadian poultry keeper do? I am leaning towards an insulated coop with the option of a heater for those lovely -20 and lower days.:sick What type of heater do you all use?
I use a heat lamp chained and definitely secured safety..

519IxsmGTWL._AC_SY400_.jpg
I use two cozy coop flat panel heaters. Only 200 watts. Safe to touch. :thumbsup

Ok so I had a really hard time choosing between these and heated roosts, I ended up going with the roosts not too sure why I made that decision lol but that’s what I have, we’ll see how it goes this winter!

Those sound interesting. I have never heard of them before. I am curious to see how well they work for you. :thumbsup Hopefully you can keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom