Canadians check in here....

🐓🦆 😊 I have Five Ameraucana two Roos and three hens (these are my babies 🥰) then I have 3 white leg horns , 4 Rhode Island reds, and 8 red sex links. I am on a mission to get a trio of Silver Grey Dorkings 🥰 plus a few other heritage breeds I have my eyes one.... but need to work them slowly into the family so my Husband doesn’t protest lol
Welcome to byc fellow ontarion!
I’m cooking my first batch of chicken seeds in my brand new incubator right now too, I’m so impatient! People around here have been going bonkers buying up chicks, meat rabbits, piglets etc due to all this end of the world business.
I was able to secure 5 chicks, (whiting true blues), from someone close by, and drove an hour for the only hatching eggs I could get; I didn’t particularly want any of the breeds she had, but I had counted on replacing my old gals this year but may not be able to since chicks are usually flown into Thunder Bay from Manitoba. So my bator has 18 eggs from ameraucana, partridge chantecler and copper marans, and a few of my own from Sussex/BR....fingers crossed that ANY of them hatch!

That's great! Ya, my husband doesn't understand the chicken math either!:drool I have 9 presently. Working on updating my 4 year olds to new ones. I have a splash silkie, two black Cochins, one is a roo. Nicest roo ever! Appenzeller, RIR, two blue binAmerucaunas, GLW, BCM. Lost a Hamburg this year. I am getting new BLRW, Danish brown Leghorn, Barred Rock, white Sussex and hoping for a Cuckoo Marans!:wee:celebrateAre you incubating you own eggs or did you buy?
Omg :). I want so many of those breeds ❤️
I am incubating my own eggs. 27 in total 9 Ameraucana eggs and the others are a mix of Ameraucana crossed with the White leghorn, Rhode Island, and Red sex link.

Welcome to byc fellow ontarion!
I’m cooking my first batch of chicken seeds in my brand new incubator right now too, I’m so impatient! People around here have been going bonkers buying up chicks, meat rabbits, piglets etc due to all this end of the world business.
I was able to secure 5 chicks, (whiting true blues), from someone close by, and drove an hour for the only hatching eggs I could get; I didn’t particularly want any of the breeds she had, but I had counted on replacing my old gals this year but may not be able to since chicks are usually flown into Thunder Bay from Manitoba. So my bator has 18 eggs from ameraucana, partridge chantecler and copper marans, and a few of my own from Sussex/BR....fingers crossed that ANY of them hatch!
That’s great, black copper Maran is on my Wanted list 🥰 but working my husband in slowly I promised one new breed this year and I have my heart set on the Silver grey Dorking. My aunt n uncle lives in Dorking England and I always love the giant metal Dorking rooster statue in the middle of main roundabout.

Omg :). I want so many of those breeds ❤
I am incubating my own eggs. 27 in total 9 Ameraucana eggs and the others are a mix of Ameraucana crossed with the White leghorn, Rhode Island, and Red sex link.
I have the new chicken chalet hutch in it's box in the garage hiding from my husband right now for my new babies!!:thumbsup:clap:jumpy

That’s great, black copper Maran is on my Wanted list 🥰 but working my husband in slowly I promised one new breed this year and I have my heart set on the Silver grey Dorking. My aunt n uncle lives in Dorking England and I always love the giant metal Dorking rooster statue in the middle of main roundabout.
Cool about the Dorkings!
I ordered brahmas but we’ll see what happens....
I’d also really like a Dewlap Toulouse for my Toulouse ladies, I posted on Kijiji but the closest one is in southern Ontario...or I can buy from Manitoba for $175!!! Dh is pretty easygoing about my birds but I could never explain that one to him

Hi @Johill ! Welcome from central Alberta :frow

Hastings is a great part of Ontario. I used to drive through it all the time going from Ottawa to my family cottage in Lakefield.

I raise heritage breeds. Chanteclers and buckeyes.

I just got a HUGE order for chantecler chicks & hatching eggs that's going to take all summer to fill, but if you're interested in buckeyes let me know. I can ship hatching eggs or chicks.

I have the new chicken chalet hutch in it's box in the garage hiding from my husband right now for my new babies!!:thumbsup:clap:jumpy
Hiding from 😂😂😂
Mine builds most of my needs :). We have been renoing this power of sale house for the last year and a half so we have lots of jobs to do, but if I ask (and batt my eyes a bit when needed) he drops it all to make my plans come to reality :) just finished turning my works Xmas parade gingerbread house into a greenhouse, and I’m hoping to maybe brood my babies in there too instead of in the den lol.

Cool about the Dorkings!
I ordered brahmas but we’ll see what happens....
I’d also really like a Dewlap Toulouse for my Toulouse ladies, I posted on Kijiji but the closest one is in southern Ontario...or I can buy from Manitoba for $175!!! Dh is pretty easygoing about my birds but I could never explain that one to him
I’d love for our next place to have a pond so I can get more ducks n geese... Ya that’s a pretty price tag :).

Back
Top Bottom