Canadians check in here....

Hi @Johill ! Welcome from central Alberta :frow

Hastings is a great part of Ontario. I used to drive through it all the time going from Ottawa to my family cottage in Lakefield.

I raise heritage breeds. Chanteclers and buckeyes.

I just got a HUGE order for chantecler chicks & hatching eggs that's going to take all summer to fill, but if you're interested in buckeyes let me know. I can ship hatching eggs or chicks.
Hi there nice to meet you. Ya I know Lakefield well I grew up in Warsaw :)
Omg that would be amazing :). My current batch will be hatching around the 4/5th of April so I’m hoping to find some Dorkings to hatch them. I’d welcome any eggs or chicks :)
Anything I can help with in return let me know :)

Baby still hanging in there @Arenas Chickens ?

he seems ok. Still having loneliness behaviour 😕. He will drink when I tap on his water but still won’t eat, that I’ve seen. Every once in a while we’ll see him peck at the food but not as often as I’d like. I think he may have a bad eye to boot 😖

989BE41C-A78C-4DEB-B642-D55F6E7FE2AD.jpeg

55905762-82BA-4B15-8EFC-52DFFF3B8484.jpeg

F39479E5-FBD1-40FF-878E-2D871B44CE39.jpeg

87CC24B9-EA7B-4A88-ABED-C4EAA4DB2407.jpeg

8AB99A5C-1A43-4CBD-816E-80B350954924.jpeg

EB88C493-64F1-4D3B-81E2-CAD0BF19D412.jpeg

ideas on breed?

Hi Calgarians!! I am in a desperate situation!! I only had ONE of my eggs hatch 😔 and my poor little guy needs buddies or I’m afraid he’s not going to make it 😣 I can’t find a feed store who has chicks, can’t mail order from a hatchery, and am having no luck find anyone with chicks close by. Anyone have chicks or know if chicks I can find ASAP?! Thanks so much!
Poor little guy! He is so cute!!!
Arenas Chickens, to me he might be a Black Sex Link? Do you know what the eggs you purchased were supposed to be?
Screenshot_20200329-154901.png

Arenas Chickens, to me he might be a Black Sex Link? Do you know what the eggs you purchased were supposed to be?View attachment 2067075

Americanas or “Brown layers”. The way it was written in their ad it sounded like they were selling brown laying Americanas, Americauna with blue eggs & Easter Eggers. So I asked for the brown laying americanas not realizing they weren’t the same thing until after I got home & saw the eggs; noting none were blue or blue/green. They didn’t have any other breeds listed in their ad so I assumed I got an Americauna, but your pic sure looks like my little guy.

Arenas Chickens, to me he might be a Black Sex Link? Do you know what the eggs you purchased were supposed to be?View attachment 2067075

he also looks like a black copper maran....

32A50E0D-13F6-4675-853F-0440DB3C1227.jpeg

His/her (I think it’s a girl now) comb isn’t as well pronounced as the sex link pic but more subdued like the maran. And I believe she has the little lines under eyes to... is it to soon to tell breed? (You made me look up chick pics 😂)

Little update: chickie-baby, or Raven lol, is still not eating on her own 😕 this morning she was so weak looking it broke my heart 💔😪 I’ve been cleaning her butt a lot as it seems she’s got that pasty butt thing but this morning she needed a bath, mostly because it was dry & I didn’t want to do it the way I have been lol. While she was wet we saw she is horribly skinny 😖. So I gave her a little more honey water & force feed her some watery left over beans. I never thought I’d ever say I had to force feed a chicken 😂. I got her all warmed up again & made her bean water paste thing with some chick starter food, it dissolves nicely in this concoction. I guess the sugar kicked in a bit & the little bit of food she got before because she started pecking at that spoon like a little hungry monster 😆. I have spoon fed her about three times now & she seems to really like the watery bean chick starter paste lol. I do hope it was enough at the right time 🥺

Little update: chickie-baby, or Raven lol, is still not eating on her own 😕 this morning she was so weak looking it broke my heart 💔😪 I’ve been cleaning her butt a lot as it seems she’s got that pasty butt thing but this morning she needed a bath, mostly because it was dry & I didn’t want to do it the way I have been lol. While she was wet we saw she is horribly skinny 😖. So I gave her a little more honey water & force feed her some watery left over beans. I never thought I’d ever say I had to force feed a chicken 😂. I got her all warmed up again & made her bean water paste thing with some chick starter food, it dissolves nicely in this concoction. I guess the sugar kicked in a bit & the little bit of food she got before because she started pecking at that spoon like a little hungry monster 😆. I have spoon fed her about three times now & she seems to really like the watery bean chick starter paste lol. I do hope it was enough at the right time 🥺
Ahhh poor thing...bless your heart. Tomorrow more babies come?

yes & I cannot wait!! I hope it’s first thing in the morning!! 🙃

She is cooing; is this a good sign? My partner describes it as the chirp they make while under mamma.... I just don’t want it to be a “I’m wasting away” kinda purring chirp...
I think it is a good sign. The warm water bath may have been the best thing. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom