Canadians check in here....

Pics
What do you all feed your quail? I've searched the canadian purina site and they don't make gamebird feed but the American site does. My quail are just starting to lay and I'm mixing chicken starter and layer together to get a higher protein but this is not a sure thing as I don't know if they're getting the right amount of protein. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

Didn't know we had a Canadian thread on here! I am in Southern Ontario, near Windsor. Nice to see so many proud Canadians!
I am on the look out for Standard Cornish eggs! Is there anyone out there!!!!

Great to see everyone here! I use the Otter co-op's game bird feed for my turkeys and pheasants, I have not done quail yet. That's a Vancouver based company so if your not west that will not help you. But there must be some feed mill near you that is making game bird food.

Quote:
Thanks for your response! No I'm not west I'm on the south shore of Montreal. I'll have to do a phone search here if I can figure out how to say gamebird feed in French lol.

Toast'n Jelly :

What do you all feed your quail? I've searched the canadian purina site and they don't make gamebird feed but the American site does. My quail are just starting to lay and I'm mixing chicken starter and layer together to get a higher protein but this is not a sure thing as I don't know if they're getting the right amount of protein. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Purina DOES sell gamebird startena--that is what I feed my quail.​

Quote:
Purina DOES sell gamebird startena--that is what I feed my quail.

I know that the American site shows gamebird feed maybe your supplier gets it from there?
These are the feeds that the Canadian site shows for poultry: http://www.agribrands.ca/Screens/Backyard.aspx

Start
& Grow
Growena
Meat Builder
Layena

Golden Line
Golden Startena
Golden Growena
Golden Harvest
Golden Turkey Startena
Golden Turkey Growena
Golden Duck Startena