Cancer

Eevee

Songster
Nov 8, 2018
Alberta Canada
I have a silkie hen named Elsa who is about 2.5y old. About 2-3 months ago we found out she has 2 bones cysts growing. One on her leg and one on her wing. We had taken her in because of a limp that was progressing and the vet found the cysts when they did an x ray. The vet put her on metacam to make her more comfortable. Fast forward to last week, we redid the xray to see what was happening with the cysts. Unfortunatly both cycts are slowly growing. We don't know for sure what the cysts are as we have not done a biopsy (700 dollars) but the fact that they are growing could mean they are cancerous. She still does limp and has lost a tiny bit of weight. She still hangs out with the other girls and free ranges in the back yard when out of their run. The vet says we can keep her on the metacam until she declines or is no longer herself at which point we would euthanize. I was wondering if anyone had experience with cysts or cancer and what I can do to help her be more comfortable in what time she may have.

Andrea

Attachments

• 20210806_184555.jpg
    20210806_184555.jpg
    855.3 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom