Candid game cam pix: and the life of my chickens

One of my pix from the past couple of days. This dog I've never seen causing problems, the reason I uploaded is check out the temp! I think officially we were supposed to be around 10*F last night, but it gets colder down in the holler near the river.

HUNT0139.JPG

Now once the sun came up, it shines on the cam artificially inflating the temp stamp. The "actual" temp is right around freezing, but with the sun shining pretty bright it's still melting stuff this afternoon. I've noticed that having a readily available (and thawed) bucket of water in your yard can attract a lot of animals, both wild and tame, who are just looking for a drink. I've released this kitty from my trap before, dunno where it lives but looks healthy enough I assume someone is feeding it regularly.
My chickens do brave the snow a little bit, especially after the first day they kinda got over it, but they are spending a lot of time either on top of the fences or in the sun-melted spots.
HUNT0172.JPG

HUNT0204.JPG

Last edited:
Bought a coyote size trap at tsc for a whopping $160 (ouch!) for catching dogs in. Will probably catch up to 75# dogs, give or take depending on their height. I don't think my 90# long-legs Lab/Coonhound would fit in it very well, but then again, he's highly food motivated and crate trained.....lol The pitty I'm aiming for is heavy, but not super tall so I think he'll fit, and his younger troublermaker "brother" certainly will.

Anyways, maiden voyage tonight:
This dog I've caught on game cam before, but do not have any good reason to suspect it of killing anything (yet anyway) honestly do NOT for sure know which house he/she lives at. Will take him/her to animal control in the morning.
179012_664579610521_55007926_35990817_6417581_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom