Candled Egg Help, Not sure if this is good? Bad?

Gilbird

Chirping
Feb 23, 2018
Northern Ohio
I am on my first incubation and I candled today; it is day 8. I am incubating in an Incuview. The temp and humidity have been steady, and I have the turner on for 6x a day. We did have a power outage the other day, but it was for only for less than an hour. My question is, is this normal? The way the egg looks like it is divided in half worries me—it looks wrong, but this being my first time I don’t really have anything to base right/wrong on.

The veining looked good on the eggs, I could see the embryo moving inside. Why does it look like it’s only devloping on one half though? Thank you for your help.
42F76A21-F9DB-4F38-B590-D75417AC5A62.jpeg
0995DD35-48E0-4C68-8C65-74AA63DFDDDD.jpeg

That's normal :) The chorio-allantoic membrane hasn't grown enough yet to go all the way around the shell, but it will continue to grow.

That's normal :) The chorio-allantoic membrane hasn't grown enough yet to go all the way around the shell, but it will continue to grow.
Thank you so much! I was afraid it was not being turned enough and half was all stuck to in inside shell :rolleyes: Or something....I can make all sorts of worries up...

Back
Top Bottom