Candled my eggs but don't know what I'm seeing?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tomfieldenloveshichickens, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Tomfieldenloveshichickens

Tomfieldenloveshichickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Somerset, England
    Hi

I have nine eggs in the incubator and today is day 10. I candled them on day 7 and could see veins and a dot moving around. Now it is day10 and I decided to candle again but all I could see in most eggs was the air sac and Half the egg filled up. WHat is this. They are dark brown eggs.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  2. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I would say that is a good sign. It means they are growing and taking up more room. You can sometimes still see a little bit of the veins if you look on the edge right by the airsac. Hoping they are all growing for you. [​IMG]

3. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    The baby. You only have 11 days left. You should be hatching on the same day as me. Yeah for us. Did you set on 1/25

4. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Quote:I agree. This sound great. The eggs will get opaque. Your doing good.[​IMG]

5. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Have you looked at the candling pics that are stickied at the top of the incubating section? I found those to be very useful. When I candled the first time, I didn't think I had any developing because I thought the dark thing I was seeing was just the yolk. Then I looked at those pics and realized what I was seeing was the fetus! Last I candled a non-fertile egg from my fridge, and wow, could I see the difference. It was such a rush to know they were all developing!

6. Tomfieldenloveshichickens

Tomfieldenloveshichickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Somerset, England
    Quote:No I set on the 22nd

7. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by