Candled my test eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Katy, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I candled my test eggs tonight on day 8 & 9.

Last fall most of my blue wyandottes didn't develop but tonight all of them are growing except for one that had a blood ring. Then the BLRWs and SS which just about all hatched last fall had a lot of clears tonight. I didn't put but a few BBS orp eggs in and they're all growing. I'm really excited that all of my Blue Rock eggs are growing!!!

As of today my Wheaten Marans have been seperated for 3 weeks so I'll start saving them to put in.

2. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    GREAT NEWS. Hope you get lots of chicks.

I just put a tray in the cabinet incubator tonight mostly Barnevelders and BBS Orps. I have one turkey laying so I put a couple of them in also.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Thanks! I don't know what's up with the BLRWs and SS. Last fall they were popping out like popcorn. I'll wait a week or so and put some more in to check.

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Someone caught the hatching fever!!! I am having to slap my fingers to hatch anything again so soon but watch out March!!!!

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I resisted as long as I possibly could!! [​IMG]

6. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Ooooh, Kay, good luck. Your blue wyandottes are absolutely spectacular, can't wait to see those little ones.

7. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Yeah!!!! And soon those BLRW and SS will be getting in the spirit! I can't wait to see the fluffy butts!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by