candleing

scooter drake

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2021
I'd go ahead and candle the remaining eggs and see if they are just delayed, or if they've quit. not sure what to look for to know if dead or live.its now on day 23, two hatched on day 22 <yesterday but no pips yet

I'd go ahead and candle the remaining eggs and see if they are just delayed, or if they've quit. not sure what to look for to know if dead or live.its now on day 23, two hatched on day 22 <yesterday but no pips yet
Do the eggs move? Do you hear peeping?
Candle them and see if you can detect movement.
Otherwise give them a few more days.

Do the eggs move? Do you hear peeping?
Candle them and see if you can detect movement.
Otherwise give them a few more days.
only 1 egg had a real nice,clear air cell the others weren't really clear , not really sure about the others. i got them off a kid that mentioned that he cleaned them because he was gonna sell them as eating eggs.i already had the eggs in my hand.

only 1 egg had a real nice,clear air cell the others weren't really clear , not really sure about the others. i got them off a kid that mentioned that he cleaned them because he was gonna sell them as eating eggs.i already had the eggs in my hand.
Cleaning them isn’t good for them, but it’s not a complete deal breaker either, since there are folks out there hatching eggs they bought at a grocery store!

Back
Top Bottom