Candling Accident

Crunchie

Brook Valley Farm
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
Maryland
I'm so sad. I was candling my Polish eggs tonight, watching the little blobs swimming around (love these white-shelled eggs, you can see everything!) when I dropped one!!!

I can't believe it. I didn't expect that I'd be so sad about it. There was a perfect little Polish chick in there...and now it's dead. Even worse, it was from my best pair and I have so few of their eggs in the 'bator...now I have one less.
sad.png
They are at about day 14, so it was pretty developed.

I have no idea how I dropped it. It just slipped out of my hands, a klutzy moment, I guess.

barnie.gif

I have done that before also. Really bites. Anymore I try to dampen the tips of my fingers so I can get a better grip. Some will slip right out of your hands before you know it...
sad.png

So sorry about your egg. That is everyone's nightmare. You are not the first to drop an egg and I'm sure you won't be the last. It happens. Try not to fret too much. I make sure my hands are clean and dry before handling the eggs and if you can, move the candler next to the bator. Good Luck with the rest of your eggs.

OK, well it's good to know I'm not the only one!!
lol.png
Good news is that I only had to toss one egg that was clear--all of the rest had a bouncing baby chick inside! Of course, the 'bator is mostly full of Marans eggs, and I can't see a darn thing through those shells. I just bake & hope with those guys!
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom